Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Social Networking: A purposeful loss of privacy

For the term project, I will be discussing my input on Social Networking: A purposeful loss of privacy. I am sure over 70% off the students in Baruch have their own Facebook page as well as many other new media websites. Many of them contain information that can be bad if it were put in the wrong hands. For example, if someone stole your credit card, they can look up the name on Facebook, get your birthday as well as other important information and will be able to go from there. The privacy issue is very important, especially in this time and age. I hope to give more of my insight for this topic.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I agree with you that an invasion of privacy is a very important issue that we must deal with in this generation. When browsing online, we must always know which site is secure and insecure to prevent ourselves from being hacked. I hope your essay gives a more in depth look on how to protect our private informations who try to invade our privacy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree that the social network sites have the issue of how to protect users' privacy. Especially, facebook is famous for every user uses his/her real name and personal information. The social network sites should work more hard to protect uses' private information.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with you that privacy is very important. I think people must take all precautions to keep their information safe. Although Facebook allows you to privatize your account, it is not enough. All these social networking sites are a total invasion of privacy. I really look forward to read your essay, because this topic effects all social network site users.

    ReplyDelete