Monday, April 25, 2011

Our Class Wiki - So Far

For the class wiki, I have decided to focus my attention on New Media in Music. Music is a big part of our lives and New Media enhances it. Music recognition software like Shazam and Soundhound make it easier for us to identify our favorite songs and share them with others. There are also new ways in which the music industry ties into new media. YouTube is a great start for aspiring artists to show their talents, this was already written in the wiki, but I do appreciate the fact that it is so easy for us to share what we love to do on the internet. Some of the great artists on YouTube I listen to are Kina Grannis, David Choi and TylerWardMusic.

1 comment:

  1. I think Shazam is a great program and I actually downloaded the app for my phone. It's pretty cool technology and very helpful.

    ReplyDelete