Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Blog about Twitter

   After reading several comments made by students on the twitter discussion, I thought it was a pretty fun and fresh idea. It was definitely easy to read since it only contains 140 characters per tweet. However, I thought it was slightly disorganized with all the @'s and #'s. I am a twitter user but I probably never used the #'s thats why it feels a little confusing. The blackboard discussions may be a little more organized but I feel its a bit "boring". And compared to in-class discussions, twitter I think is a easy way for a, lets say, less outgoing student to bring up a point of theirs.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you Ming Tak. Twitter is definitely fun to use when updating short and to the point statuses. However, I think the #'s are annoying to use when you are having discussions. The #'s can definitely confuse people when there are tons of them with several conversations going on. If you need to have discussions, Twitter is probably not the choice. Twitter is great for quick telling and exchanging; not really for analysis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, I think Twitter is great for short updates and statuses, but becomes very difficult to hold a discussion on. I don't believe 140 characters is enough to convey thoughts and ideas on a particular subject. It is a lot of fun to use though. Are you new to Twitter?

    ReplyDelete